In this final Drill to Detail Episode before we take a break for the summer, Mark Rittman is joined by Bhav Patel, founder of the London Conversion Rate, Optimization and Product Analytics Meetup to talk about Conversion Rate Optimization, Experimentation and A/B Testing, Customer vs. Product Analytics, Attribution and Personalization ... and the story behind the CRAP Meetups.
Mark Rittman is joined in this episode of Drill to Detail by returning guest Kent Graziano, Chief Technical Evangelist for Snowflake, to talk about Snowflake Data Warehouse's cloud-first architecture and recent product announcements at Snowflake Summit 2019.
Mark Rittman is joined by Bruno Aziza, Group Vice President, AI, Data Analytics & Cloud at Oracle to talk about the recently-updated product roadmap for Oracle Analytics, Oracle BI in the marketplace, recent acquisitions in the analytics marketplace and the recent Oracle Analytics Summit at Skywalker Ranch, California.
Mark Rittman is joined by CEO and Founder of Supermetrics, Mikael Thuneberg, to tell the story of how a mention in the official Google Analytics Blog and a prize of a t-shirt led to him founding and bootstrapping what is now a €10M ARR marketing analytics business that’s probably the most important software vendor the Drill to Detail audience has never heard of, and who recently moved into the data pipelines-as-a-service market in collaboration with Google Cloud Platform and the Google BigQuery team.
Supermetrics, Google BigQuery and Data Pipelines for Digital Marketers (Rittman Analytics blog)
Mark Rittman is joined in this episode by Jordan Tigani, Director of Product Management at Google for Google BigQuery, to talk about the history of BigQuery and its technology origins in Dremel; how BigQuery has evolved since its original release to handle a wide range of data warehouse workloads; and new features announced for BigQuery at Google Next’19 including BI Engine, Storage API, Connected Sheets and a range of new data connectors from Supermetrics and Fivetran.
Mark Rittman is joined in this episode by Mike Ferguson, long-term analyst, consultant and Managing Director of Intelligent Business Strategies to talk about data warehouse modernization, analytics and big data project success within enterprise customers and the re-emergence of interest in data governance and master data management within the industry.
In this specially-extended episode just before ODTUG KScope'18, Mark Rittman is joined by Matt Yorke from Qubix to talk about Oracle Essbase Cloud, Oracle Analytics Cloud and the business of Oracle Cloud analytics consulting
Mark Rittman is joined by ThoughtSpot's Chief Data Evangelist Doug Bordonaro to talk about the value of data, issues around trust and consent raised by the EU's new GDPR regulations, and how ThoughtSpot are applying ideas from search engines combined with artificial intelligence smarts to surface insights and drive real value for business users from their analytics investment
Mark Rittman is joined by returning Special Guest Mark Grover to talk about his move from Cloudera and product engineering to a product manager role at Lyft; analytics use-cases in the ride-sharing industry; and the move from conversations about ETL tools, technology and engines to templates, paradigms and developer productivity.
- Mark Grover LinkedIn Profile and Github Profile
- "Hadoop Application Architectures"
- "Drill to Detail Ep. 7 'Apache Spark and Hadoop Application Architectures'
- Lyft Engineering Blog
- "Software Engineer to Product Manager" blog by Gwen Shapira
- "Introduction to the Oracle Data Integrator Topology" from the Oracle Data Integrator docs site
- Apache Airflow and Amazon Kinesis homepages
- "Experimentation in a Ridesharing Marketplace" by Nicholas Chamandy, Head of Data Science at Lyft
- "How Uber Eats Works with Restaurants"
- "Deliveroo has built a bunch of tiny kitchens to feed more hungry Londoners" - Wired.co.uk
Drill to Detail returns after the New Year break with Special Guest Julian Hyde from Hortonworks to talk about bitmap indexes and CASE tools, Mondrian and open-source OLAP analysis, and Apache Calcite's mission to bring sanity, cost-based optimisers and support for OLAP workloads to today's dis-aggregated, distributed new-world database engines.
- Oracle Designer page on Oracle.com
- Bitmap Index page on Wikipedia
- Mondrian project page on Github
- Mondrian OLAP Server page on Wikipedia
- MultiDimensional eXpressions (MDX) page on Wikipedia
- Julian Hyde blog
- Apache Calcite project homepage
- Apache Calcite Introduction and Overview deck
- Streaming SQL presentation at Apex Big Data World 2017, Mountain View, California