Mark Rittman is joined in this episode by Mike Ferguson, long-term analyst, consultant and Managing Director of Intelligent Business Strategies to talk about data warehouse modernization, analytics and big data project success within enterprise customers and the re-emergence of interest in data governance and master data management within the industry.
Mark Rittman is joined in this episode of Drill to Detail by Dr. Carsten Bange from BARC to talk about findings from the recently completed BI Survey 17 including the continuing move to modern BI platforms and self-service desktop tools, analytics adoption trends and the increasing incorporation of BI functionality within business applications, the surprising topicality of master data management and data governance ... and whatever happened to Nigel Pendse and his legendary OLAP Report?
- The BI Survey 17: The World’s Largest Annual Survey of BI Users
- Master Data and Data Quality Management Now the #1 Trend in BI
- BI Trend Monitor 2018 Infographic: The Evolution of Trends
- The Business Intelligence Industry Continues Its Ongoing Empowerment of Business Users
- The OLAP Report: The origins of today’s OLAP products (c. 2005, from the Internet Archive)
Mark Rittman is joined by StreamSets' Pat Patterson, talking about data in motion and doing it at scale, the story behind StreamSets and the problem of data drift, and the challenges involved in managing dataflows at scale as a continuous operation.