Mark Rittman is joined by Matthew Halliday to talk about the challenge of ETL and analytics on complex relational OLTP data models, previous attempts to solve these problems with products such as Oracle Essbase and Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca and how those experiences, and others, led to his current role as co-founder and VP of Products at Incorta.
In this specially-extended episode just before ODTUG KScope'18, Mark Rittman is joined by Matt Yorke from Qubix to talk about Oracle Essbase Cloud, Oracle Analytics Cloud and the business of Oracle Cloud analytics consulting
In this episode Mark Rittman is joined by Kent Graziano to answer the questions "Is data modeling now dead", and "is SnowflakeDB the future of analytic data engines in the cloud?"
- Better Data Modeling: An Introduction to Agile Data Engineering Using Data Vault 2.0
- Better Data Modeling: Tips for Enhancing Your Use of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
- Kent Graziano Blog
- Building a Scalable Data Warehouse with Data Vault 2.0
- Snowflake Computing
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms 2016
- Gartner press release on their "modern BI platform"