Mark Rittman is joined by Matthew Halliday to talk about the challenge of ETL and analytics on complex relational OLTP data models, previous attempts to solve these problems with products such as Oracle Essbase and Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca and how those experiences, and others, led to his current role as co-founder and VP of Products at Incorta.
Mark Rittman is joined by returning Special Guest Mark Grover to talk about his move from Cloudera and product engineering to a product manager role at Lyft; analytics use-cases in the ride-sharing industry; and the move from conversations about ETL tools, technology and engines to templates, paradigms and developer productivity.
- Mark Grover LinkedIn Profile and Github Profile
- "Hadoop Application Architectures"
- "Drill to Detail Ep. 7 'Apache Spark and Hadoop Application Architectures'
- Lyft Engineering Blog
- "Software Engineer to Product Manager" blog by Gwen Shapira
- "Introduction to the Oracle Data Integrator Topology" from the Oracle Data Integrator docs site
- Apache Airflow and Amazon Kinesis homepages
- "Experimentation in a Ridesharing Marketplace" by Nicholas Chamandy, Head of Data Science at Lyft
- "How Uber Eats Works with Restaurants"
- "Deliveroo has built a bunch of tiny kitchens to feed more hungry Londoners" - Wired.co.uk